Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Discover the work of Trini Schultz

Trini Schultz is a fine-art photographer who lives in California with her family but she was born in Peru, South America.  

 

When did you realize you wanted to be a photographer?  

When my dad bought me my first "real" camera. A Pentax K1000. It was a Christmas gift, and I was about 16.  He got me a huge Polaroid camera before that, but it wasn't the same as having an actual 35mm camera.  I loved photography but I didn't think of it as a choice for a career, it was more of a hobby, but family and friends kept telling me I should consider being a photographer. So it wasn't till after I got married and had my second child that I picked up the camera again after many years, and took photography more seriously, and fell in love with it all over again.

Where did you study photography? With whom?  
I took a class at a local community college in black & white developing many years ago, but that was it.  I'm mostly self taught.  Same with photoshopping, taught myself.

What or who inspires you?  
Everyday I'm inspired. Looking at other photographer's work on the internet.  The shapes of the mountains and the clouds.  The way the sun shines thru the window and creates shadows on the walls and floor. Music videos, movies, fashion shows, paintings. I love going to antique shops, so much inspiration and ideas pop up.  Interesting buildings abandoned or new. Artists look at the world with awe and inspiration, every little detail from a dead insect on the floor to fog rolling over the hills, seeing the beauty in it and the potential in them to make an amazing subject on a photograph or a painting.

How could you describe your style?
Surreal or conceptual photography.  i love fashion photography too so I would like to experiment more with editorial type of photography as well, especially now that my daughter is studying costume/fashion design.

Discover the full interview and portfolio on All about photo







No comments:

Post a Comment