Thursday, September 12, 2013

Portfolio: Clay Lipsky

Clay Lipsky is a fine art photographer who lives in Los Angeles and also works with Aline Smithson as an Art Director for LENSCRATCH.



All about photo asked him a few questions: 

How long have you been a photographer?
From a very young age I have enjoyed taking photos, but I never pursued it seriously. Within the last five years I have rediscovered the medium and enjoying exploring its many paths while also making up for lost time.

What or who inspires you?
I can find inspiration anywhere. Living in Los Angeles provides endless opportunities for creative exploration, from the city to the desert and along the coast.

How could you describe your style?
My career as an art director/designer heavily influences my photography. Much like in graphic design, I enjoy exploring different looks. Overall color and composition are very important to me and will vary greatly depending on what best suits the concept and subject matter. In general I like to find ways to tell stories through images that are cinematic and stylish, like one frame movies.

An idea, a sentence, a project you would like to share?
Photography is becoming more and more vilified in public spaces. It is not unheard of to be harassed or detained for simply taking photographs and documenting the world around us. Often this paranoia is fed under the pretense and illusion of public safety. Information is power and photography is not a crime. "Those who sacrifice liberty for the sake of security deserve neither" - Benjamin Franklin


Want to read more? Check out the full interview and portfolio: All about Clay Lipsky

No comments:

Post a Comment