Portfolio: Vee Speers
Vee Speers, an Australian artist, has lived and worked in Paris since
1990. After moving to Paris from Sydney, she began exhibiting her first
series Bordello , followed by Parisians, The Birthday Party, Immortal,
Thirteen and most recently Bulletproof, engaging viewers with the
dramatic tension of her portraits and her unique pallet of colour.
All about photo asked her a few questions:
AAP: When did you realize you wanted to be a photographer?
I’ve always thought photography was magical as my father had his own darkroom. When I went to art school, I realized that the instant way of capturing an image suited my impatient personality.
I’ve always thought photography was magical as my father had his own darkroom. When I went to art school, I realized that the instant way of capturing an image suited my impatient personality.
AAP: What or who inspires you?
The cinema is a constant source of inspiration. A story is told, and the way it is filmed can transport you to another time or place. Still images can be the same.
The cinema is a constant source of inspiration. A story is told, and the way it is filmed can transport you to another time or place. Still images can be the same.
AAP: Your best memory as a photographer?
There are so many. Every time I take a great image, I feel so excited, like everything has lined up perfectly. These are the best memories.
There are so many. Every time I take a great image, I feel so excited, like everything has lined up perfectly. These are the best memories.



Comments
Post a Comment